- I shall do my best to expedite the Convergence of Technologies.
- I shall be stressing on E- governance.
- Broadband Connectivity at reasonable prices to all.
- Leapfrog to Next Generation Mobile Wireless Technologies.
- National Internet Exchange and Indian Domain Name.
- Migration to New Internet Protocol IPv6.
- Security & Digital Signature and Cyber Infrastructure Protection in the fields of finance, judiciary and education.
- Media Lab Asia program of the government to focus on seamless communication connectivity to rural areas, extend quality healthcare services to remote areas using telemedicine and internet, improve literacy through distance education using Information and communication technology, promote development and availability of low-cost PCs.
- Language Computing in major regional languages.
- Outsourcing Skilled Manpower and R&D Thrust.
For a detailed agenda, go here
I would have loved to see two more points up there.
One, a point to prod and promote Indian software companies to develop indigenous software application packages that capture niche market areas and get adopted as the de-facto software in that field. That would speak volumes of the abilities of Indian coding geeks.
Two, a point emphasizing the need to come out with hybrid applications and services that would result due to the intermingling of the Information Technology field with the emerging BioTechnology and NanoTechnology fields.
Well desires are limitless. Hope to see them in some form in the upcoming agenda of the Indian Information Technology ministry.