Gosh !!! People are indeed naive and gullible and ...I am at a loss for words. I don't blame them. I just blame the meteoric rise of the computer industry in India. Being bitten by the meteoric rise and fall of the Indian Sensex, the layman can be excused for his mistrust on anything that has gained center stage so rapidly.
- Didn't you see Narayan Murthy's concern about lack of work force in the newspapers yesterday?
- Do you think the world will one day decide to just shut down all computers and decide to go back to stone age ?
- Do you think that the people in the developed world will suddenly take a decision to accept salaries that Indians are paid and avoid further outsourcing?
- Will you stop using Microsoft Word one fine day and announce I am going back to the typewriter? That might be a strong reason for Microsoft to stop working on new software and cut down on its employees.
- Will you accept if your bank decides to switch back to the traditional manual teller and withdraw its ATM services?
- What if Airtel, Spice, Hutch and BSNL stop their mobile services and ask their customers to revert back to land line use?
The majority quickly take refuge with an understandable, 'No'.
For those who answer 'Yes', I indicate that the conversation has come to an end with, "Medicine I feel would be a better option for your ward...'coz the doctor's profession has shown itself never to die as long as there are humans on this planet"
They get the message.