For a change lets have an Information Technology Quiz centred on India. I have selected 20 of the best questions from my repository. Let's see how intensely you keep track of the Indian IT Pulse. Mail me your answers at firstname.lastname@example.org. ( And please, no Googling allowed !!! ).
So here are the questions...
- Which state in India was the first one to put forth a dedicated Information Technology policy and when was it?
- Which prominent IT city in India is nicknamed Cyberabad?
- Expand STPI.
- A MNC that outsources to India is colloquially said to have been..........
- Of what significance is the phone number 1551 in India?
- What was the famous Indian Auction site that Ebay bought over and re-christened it as ebay.co.in when it wanted to make its presence felt in India?
- Which was the first Indian movie to release its soundtrack on the Internet for sale before it being released offline via cassettes and CDs?
- What is the name of India's indigenous accounting package that has thwarted attempts by international software packages like Mircosoft Money to gain control of the Indian market?
- What is the name of the Microsoft spearheaded project that aims to empower major Indian languages in the computing arena?
- Drishya, Tarang, bFone, CallNow are all names of ICT (Information communication and Technology) related services provided by which ICT company in India ?
- Which global IT company re-entered India in 1992 after having been banned (along with another MNC Coca Cola) from conducting business in India in the 1970s?
- What famous item in South Indian hotel menus often gets abbreviated on the computerized bill to spell a famous Operating System?
- Which Indian IT company's name when expanded stands for Western India Products?
- What famous Linux based hand held is used by Bangalore traffic cops to book traffic rule offenders?
- What did India's C-DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing (C-DAC) in Pune develop after US placed heavy hardware embargo on India following its first nuclear test way back in 1974?
- A conversation with a CEO of an Indian IT major helped Thomas L Friedman, the popular New York Times columnist, realize that the 'The World is Flat' (he subsequently penned a book with that very phrase as its title). Who is the CEO in question ?
- What is common between the IT companies American Management Systems (AMS), NerveWire, The Reference ?
- Which Indian IT company adopted a painting made by a spastic child as its logo?
- What is the name of the ambitious satellite program envisaged by the Karnataka government to create IT employment opportunities for the thousands of engineers passing out of its colleges?
- What do you think is India's single most important contribution to IT?
Last Date : 18th May,2006 - Answers are Out.