Rediff recently interviewed Narayana Murthy, the czar of Indian IT emergence. Speaking on a host of subjects that ranged from the start of his company Infosys to globalization, Indian economy, reduced cycle times for big projects, his retirement as executive chairman from Infosys and 5 elements that he says defintely lead to success, the man provides a beautiful insight into his though process. Here below are the 5 principles that form the cornerstones of success according to Narayana Murthy
- Openness to Learn: Openness to subordinate your ego to take ideas from others.
- Meritocracy: The best ideas are adopted and implemented using data to arrive at the best decision.
- Speed: Assuring you do things faster compared to yesterday and last quarter.
- Imagination: You continually bring better ideas and better innovation to the table.
- Excellence in Execution: That is implementation of these great
ideas with a higher level of excellence today than yesterday.
Technorati Tags: narayana murthy, infosys, success, rediff, india, globalization, IT