While this sheds light on the heavy competitive structure of the industry, this also opens up insights into
- How first mover advantage has given the biggies a size that the smaller fry are not able to attain.
- How players in this industry can sustain only if they differentiate sufficiently from their competitors.
- How dollar flow is what will prop up a company and not the local currency.
- How dollar flow decides what kind of a talent you have working for you.
- How the industry is yet to mature to a point where attrition falls to acceptable levels.
Posts with an attempt to throw more light on each of these questions would be forthcoming. Watch out for this space.
Technorati Tags: India-IT-Pulse, India, IT, Rediff, Wipro, Satyam, mid-sized, small-sized, Infosys, TCS, IBM