The New York Times has listed 32 technologies that will change our lives in the future. Quite a good enthralling list. The ones that attracted my attention were the ones that make sense from an Indian context.
- It talks of shirts that convert the differences of heat across body parts of the wearer into electricity that can be used to charge mobile devices for instance.
- Cars that are fitted with devices to communicate with adjacent cars on a highway and self regulate speed to ensure de-congested roads
- Cycles that have their chain gear system replaced with crankshaft and rod based systems to convert human energy more efficiently
- Sensors on the teeth that prompt you to go visit the dentist when levels of plaque causing bacteria shoot up.
- Computer screens that use web cameras embedded in them to alert a computer user to correct his sitting posture the moment it detect slouching
- Food packaging which is edible by itself. You can either consume it or dispose it in which case it still is biodegradable.
A lot of these innovations should change the society into a cleaner, sustainable mode of living on our planet.
If you enjoyed reading this post, Subscribe to the feed here ...And never miss a post